Expected Air Date: 1/24/19
What a show we have lined up for you today. There is SO much going on here at Flipping America I could probably fill the hour just updating you, but I’m going to try and keep it brief because we have a great guest here today, one of Atlanta’s most prolific investors and realtors, Lorraine Beato.
With over 25 years in the industry starting with Merrill Lynch in mortgaged-backed securities trading and then as a realtor, appraiser, and investor both nationwide and internationally – Lorraine knows how to navigate the sometimes complex and intricate waters of real estate. In an ever changing industry, you need to have someone on your side who understands all facets.
Her renovation in Europe was featured in the January 2018 Think Realty Magazine – International Renovation Rockstars and she has had listings featured on HGTV’s House Hunters.
2018 Think Realty Single Family Investor of the Year Nominee
2018 Who’s Who in Atlanta Real Estate Nominee
2017 Who’s Who in Atlanta Real Estate Nominee
How to contact us
Twitter and Instagram @FlippingAmerica
We now have a profile at houzz.com for what it’s worth.
Call our National Comment Line: 404-369-1018, ext 1. Leave your message or your question.
- Lunch with me every Wednesday. Baraonda
- The FAN is rolling out very soon. First quarter for sure, possibly within the next six weeks. It’s an online property marketplace for investors. Free to use with a small technology fee when you buy a property. Wholesalers no longer need to build a buyers list. Just log on and a massive buyers’ list is waiting for your property. Rehabbers can look at the deals, the pictures, the information on the property, and make a decision. You can also reserve your zip code and get 48 hours of exclusive access to all new listings in that zip code. Homeowners – you can list your property in the FAN for free and get an all cash offer very quickly.
- Hey would you buy me lunch just so you could pick my brain? For less than the price of that lunch, just $9.67 per month, you can have a whole month’s worth of my brain pickings by joining the Premium membership. Just go to flippingamericanetwork.com and click on the FAN. On this show I keep a pretty narrow focus on real estate and small business development. But if you subscribe to my FAN premium blog you’ll find out what I think about a wide variety of topics. I will do my best to give you a $10 or $100 idea with every post and I WILL be talking about real estate, but I’m going to weigh in on some other topics as well. Which topics? Whatever interests me. And I have a wide range of interests. Coming up in the next few weeks I’m going to weigh in on the immigration debate, I’ll be talking about the notion that “you shouldn’t listen to what anyone says, just be yourself.” (one of the more misguided ideas of our time). And I’m going to spend a little time talking about how we learn because we should be making that part of our life journey. I’ll tell you the books I’m reading, the thoughts I’m thinking and the way I’m taking my business.All for less than it would cost you to buy me lunch.
- First Thursdays, Join us at 7:30 pm on Facebook live for free. Next up, Deonna Britt, founder of LawClerk on Demand
- Jan 31, BnB Formula Webinar
- March 16-17, FlipStarter, www.flipstarterevent.com.
- My calendar hit Amazon this week. It’s called the GMS Planner. GMS stands for Goals, Milestones, and Steps. It’s a system I developed for my own use several years ago and after listening to my friends and business associates tell me I should be selling it, we started producing it for the help and benefit of others.
- Now for the really big announcement. Would you like to invest in the Flipping America projects across the country? Coming soon you will be able to for as little as $10. That’s right, Flipping America is partnering with Ground Floor Funding to create a crowd-funded platform where you can invest in the deals we are doing here. The fund will pay out a 6% preferred rate of return and can go as high as 20%. We have some hoops to jump through at the SEC, which is not open right now but it can’t stay closed forever, right? Once the government reopens we will be about 60 days from launch of this new venture. You can make money with me, the Flipping America Guy.
- Flipping America App is in the app store. You can listen to the show, read the show notes, and the entire catalog of shows is now available to you. It’s a free download and there are no upsells or in-app purchases. Free to download, free to listen. Go ahead and give it a try and drop me a line and let me know what you think.
- Want a quick analytical tool to tell you how strong a potential fix and flip deal is? Download the Property Grade app. You answer 10 simple questions about the property and the app instantly tells you what you can expect to make, your return on investment, your return on cash, and then the program gives the project a letter grade using the proprietary Flipping America Investment Property Grade algorithm.
Comment Line calls and Questions
Call 404-369-1018, press 1 and leave your message!
- Ed, Atlanta, GA (from the CDM Lunch). I’ve been approached by someone who wants me to partner with them on a project. They have secured a loan from a hard money lender and are putting about 40,000 cash into it. He needs 20,000 for 2 months and is willing to pay me $5,000 for it.
- Vet the Person
- Vet the deal.
- Rehab Budget
- How can you only need it for 2 months? What’s the plan?
- Promissory Note
- Security Deed recorded in 2nd position. Some HM lenders do not allow. Ask if he has other free and clear collateral to put up. Or execute a JV agreement.
- Warren, Atlanta, GA (from CDM lunch). I have a 6 bedroom house in a subdivision, but it’s larger than anything else in the subdivision. What do I do for comps?
Motivational Thoughts for the day
“Everything You’ve always wanted is on the other side of fear.”