FAR 189 Scott Carson
Expected Air Date: 9/22/18
Great show coming to you today. Scott Carson (aka “the Note Guy) has been an active real estate investor since 2002 and solely focused on the note industry since 2008 where he buys and sells non-performing mortgages directly from banks and hedge funds all across the country.
Scott is the CEO of WeCloseNotes.com and the creator of the Note Buying for Dummies workshop that focuses on the 3 F’s of Note Buying… The Find, Fund, and Flip. He has purchased over a half billion dollars in distressed debt for his own portfolio and purchases assets in over 30 states across the United States.
He is a highly sought-after speaker on distressed debt and was the 2014 Note Educator of the Year. He has also been featured in numerous newspapers including Investor’s Business Daily, the Wall Street Journal, and Inc.com. He has also helped thousands of other real estate investors come to the dark side of investing by plunging into the world of NPN’s or non-performing notes. An avid sports fan and reader, you can find him home in Austin, Texas when he isn’t buying assets for his own portfolio or sharing his love of the note game.
How to contact us
Twitter and Instagram @FlippingAmerica
We now have a profile at houzz.com for what it’s worth.
Call our National Comment Line: 404-369-1018, ext 1. Leave your message or your question.
- Think Realty Saturday and Sunday, Sept 22-23
- FlipStarter Nov 2-3, Atlanta, GA
- Lunch with me every Wednesday.
- Flipping America App is in the app store. You can listen to the show, read the show notes, and the entire catalog of shows is now available to you. It’s a free download and there are no upsells or in-app purchases. Free to download, free to listen. Go ahead and give it a try and drop me a line and let me know what you think.
- Want a quick analytical tool to tell you how strong a potential fix and flip deal is? Download the Property Grade app. You answer 10 simple questions about the property and the app instantly tells you what you can expect to make, your return on investment, your return on cash, and then the program gives the project a letter grade using the proprietary Flipping America Investment Property Grade algorithm.
Guest: Scott Carson
Topic: Note Buying and Selling
Comment Line calls and Questions
Call 404-369-1018, press 1 and leave your message!
Questions@flippingamericaradio.com Tell us where you’re from!
- Alana, Jonesboro, GA “I’m looking at a deal where the owner lives out of state, the tenant is a relative paying well below market rate. He wants her out but doesn’t want to evict his own relative. He just wants to sell the house. It’s worth about 130k. May need 25k in rehab. He’s open to seller financing. I mentioned offering him 50-60k and he didn’t say no. So what are my options or exit strategies?”
- Shamsideen, Boulder, CO “My partners and I are looking at various opportunities, apartments, hotels, and mini-warehouses, to be specific. Can you offer guidance for us as we decide where to put our money?”
Motivational Thoughts for the day
- Your true success in life begins only when you make the commitment to become excellent at what you do. — Brian Tracy