FAR 192 Kory Angelin
Expected Air Date: 9/29/18
We have a little bit of a selling and marketing theme going on this week on the show. Today we are joined by Kory Angelin who is going to tell us if we have something to sell, stop selling. Start relating. Remember what I said previously that in this business we are selling all the time. We are not selling our houses. We are selling ourselves, our reputation, our credibility, and our experience. This is how we are able to grow and scale our businesses.
Kory Angelin is an Award-Winning Trainer and 2-time published author with over 25 years in the fitness industry. He is a Regional Educator for 24 Hour Fitness working to help carry out their brand message. His industry experience includes partnering with NIKE to launch their SPARQ Brand, worked with a variety of athletes from the NFL and NBA and has been featured in “Sports Illustrated”, “USA TODAY”, “Training & Conditioning” and “STACK” Magazines for his work in the fitness industry. Kory has been an on-air host on QVC and is a sought after motivational speaker. He holds a bachelors degree in Sports Medicine and has just launched his second book entitled #Sellout. To listen to Kory’s podcast or to find out more info., you can log on to www.koryangelin.com.
I had a little fun and got a little training from Kory right on the show. I asked him to help me “sell out” my next event, FlipStarter and he had some very practical and specific ideas for me. I thought I’d be putting him on the spot, but he turned that around and put me on the spot. As you listen, I want you to imagine answering his questions for your business and for yourself. It may be challenging, but as Kory says, put the work in up front and the rest takes care of itself.
How to contact us
Twitter and Instagram @FlippingAmerica
We now have a profile at houzz.com for what it’s worth.
Call our National Comment Line: 404-369-1018, ext 1. Leave your message or your question.
- FlipStarter Nov 2-3, Atlanta, GA
- Lunch with me every Wednesday.
- Flipping America App is in the app store. You can listen to the show, read the show notes, and the entire catalog of shows is now available to you. It’s a free download and there are no upsells or in-app purchases. Free to download, free to listen. Go ahead and give it a try and drop me a line and let me know what you think.
- Want a quick analytical tool to tell you how strong a potential fix and flip deal is? Download the Property Grade app. You answer 10 simple questions about the property and the app instantly tells you what you can expect to make, your return on investment, your return on cash, and then the program gives the project a letter grade using the proprietary Flipping America Investment Property Grade algorithm.
Guest: Kory Angelin
How to improve your approach:
- Pretend to buy a product or service
- Shadow people crushing it.
- Role play yourself.
Ask questions that tap into the middle part of the brain.
“No” sometimes means you didn’t explain it.
Objections almost always come down to “money.”
Ask questions that get to the middle brain – the emotional center.
Comment Line calls and Questions
Call 404-369-1018, press 1 and leave your message!
firstname.lastname@example.org Tell us where you’re from!
- Amber, Boston, MA, “I am interested in coming to Atlanta for the FlipStarter Event. Can you tell me where it will be held so I can plan to be on that side of town?”
- Harold, Lancaster PA, “I have 7 rentals in Memphis, TN, but I’m having issues with the management there. I believe they are charging too much for standard repairs and maintenance items. For example, they installed a new water heater at a property and charged me $950. How would you handle this?”
Motivational Thoughts for the day
- To Begin, Begin, William Wordsworth