FAR 190 DT Investments, Jim Beach
Expected Air Date: 9/24/18
Hello everyone, it’s time to get involved in Real Estate. There are 85 major ways to make money in real estate and several variations of some of those methods. The opportunities are numerous and the variety is nearly endless, but all of real estate investing can be summarized around three primary activities:
- Buy with the intent to improve and re-sell relatively quickly.
- Buy with the intent to create income with the property for a longer term.
- Invest in the activities of 1 or 2.
I’ve been looking for someone who manages a REIT to come on the show and talk about the opportunities there and you regular listeners know that I have nothing against REITs or crowd-funding real estate. Both have interesting possibilities, albeit not such a great return on the money. If you have a little bit more money and are an accredited investor, you’re going to want to stay tuned today. My good friend Jim Beach is going to be on the show in a few moments and we are going to talk about, among other things, and incredible private offering that is set to take on the big boys. This fund invests only in short-term flips. Full disclosure, I’m one of the partners in the firm. Jim is a former Coca Cola executive but long-time entrepreneur. He founded a technology company and sold out years ago, wrote the best-selling book, “School for Startups” and for the past several years has been the host of a radio show called School for Startups. He has had everybody who is anybody in the world of business on his show. Jim travels the world teaching the principles of entrepreneurship.
How to contact us
Twitter and Instagram @FlippingAmerica
We now have a profile at houzz.com for what it’s worth.
Call our National Comment Line: 404-369-1018, ext 1. Leave your message or your question.
- FlipStarter Nov 2-3, Atlanta, GA
- Lunch with me every Wednesday.
- Flipping America App is in the app store. You can listen to the show, read the show notes, and the entire catalog of shows is now available to you. It’s a free download and there are no upsells or in-app purchases. Free to download, free to listen. Go ahead and give it a try and drop me a line and let me know what you think.
- Want a quick analytical tool to tell you how strong a potential fix and flip deal is? Download the Property Grade app. You answer 10 simple questions about the property and the app instantly tells you what you can expect to make, your return on investment, your return on cash, and then the program gives the project a letter grade using the proprietary Flipping America Investment Property Grade algorithm.
Guest: Jim Beach, DT Investment Funds
Comment Line calls and Questions
Call 404-369-1018, press 1 and leave your message!
Motivational Thoughts for the day
- To Begin, Begin, William Wordsworth