Expected Air Date: 9/13/18
One of the great opportunities in front of you as a real estate investor is the chance to invest your money through a Roth IRA, make profit, grow that wealth and one day when you retire, pay NO taxes on the profits. That’s just ONE thing a self-directed IRA can do for you. We welcome to the show today a new sponsor, American IRA. American IRA is dedicated to helping investors grow their wealth through self-direction and there is a healthy focus on real estate. With offices in Asheville and Charlotte, NC and Atlanta, GA, American IRA is ready to get your started, point you in the right direction, and keep you safe as you navigate the sometimes murky waters of IRS regulations.
American IRA founder and President Jim Hitt will be joining us in just a few minutes. Jim started his career in the restaurant business, got involved in real estate and just never looked back. He’s been in real estate in one way or another for three decades. His commitment is to help other investors grow their wealth wisely and safely through the use of retirement accounts. He’s going to tell us about the basic setup of an IRA, answer some key questions about structure, growing your funds, strategies for investing, and the different type of options available to you.
How to contact us
Twitter and Instagram @FlippingAmerica
We now have a profile at houzz.com for what it’s worth.
Call our National Comment Line: 404-369-1018, ext 1. Leave your message or your question.
- September 12, Chantelle Owens at Flipping Atlanta, Tax Liens
- FlipStarter October 13, Atlanta, GA
- Lunch with me every Wednesday.
- Flipping America App is in the app store. You can listen to the show, read the show notes, and the entire catalog of shows is now available to you. It’s a free download and there are no upsells or in-app purchases. Free to download, free to listen. Go ahead and give it a try and drop me a line and let me know what you think.
- Want a quick analytical tool to tell you how strong a potential fix and flip deal is? Download the Property Grade app. You answer 10 simple questions about the property and the app instantly tells you what you can expect to make, your return on investment, your return on cash, and then the program gives the project a letter grade using the proprietary Flipping America Investment Property Grade algorithm.
Guest: Jim Hitt, American IRA
Comment Line calls and Questions
Call 404-369-1018, press 1 and leave your message!
Questions@flippingamericaradio.com Tell us where you’re from!
- Alphonso, Marietta, GA, “With the hurricanes threatening the east coast, can you comment about the impact of hurricanes and real estate investing?”
- Julian, Bay City, MI, “I watch the TV shows, and now I’ve found your show and I’m intrigued. There might be some opportunities around here, but we have long winters and I’m not sure it’s a good idea to be trying to do this in the winter time. What are your thoughts?”
- Cheryl, Washington, DC, “Does price range matter?”
- Polly, Visalia, CA, “I have an opportunity to buy an almond grove that is past its prime. The owner has gotten old and lost interest. The upside is our town needs housing and I could turn this into a nice subdivision of starter homes. But I have no idea how to proceed. Any suggestions?”
- Edward, Columbia, SC, “Someone told me that you mentioned on the show that our city is one of the few major metropolitan areas in the country that is NOT on fire. Why is that? And since I live in Columbia should I be looking elsewhere for opportunities?”
Motivational Thoughts for the day
- Expect problems and eat them for breakfast. Alfred A. Montapert