Expected Air Date: 04/26/18
Hello everyone. It’s a beautiful spring Thursday here at our studios on Peachtree St in Atlanta, GA. We’re going to talk real estate investing for the next 60 minutes, but we are going to approach it from a slightly different angle. Over the last few shows we’ve been talking about a Place to Begin, Hitting Your Stride, and The Next Steps. Today we will continue with some thoughts about Purpose. What drives you today? And I’m not talking about that driverless car you may be in. And I’m not asking you what drives you nuts! I’m asking you to think a bit about your motivation in life. We will dig into that in a few minutes. I also have a stack of questions to answer, including a ton of questions about our Mentoring Program.
Our next Three Day training camp is coming up May 9-11 and it’s not too late for you to join us. However, since our program is invitation-only, you have to jump through a couple of hoops in order to receive that invitation. Hey it’s not like getting into law school or anything but we just need to talk. You can schedule a call with me by going to your web browser and typing this in exactly:
When you do that you’ll have access to my scheduler and you can pick a time. Then you will be given instructions for accessing a conference call you’ll need to dial into at the appointed time. It doesn’t matter to me where you are. I look forward to helping you in any way that I can.
VIP lunches at FlipStarter – Lunch with me every Wednesday at Baraonda.
How to Reach us
Twitter and Instagram @FlippingAmerica
Call our National Comment Line: 404-369-1018, ext 1. Leave your message or your question.
- My upcoming speaking engagements:
- I’m off the road for a couple of weeks while we plan for our next Mentoring Training here in Atlanta May 9-11.
- Monday – the Flipping America App debuts in the Apple Store. Already in the Android Store.
Topic – Understanding Your Why
Why are you doing all this?
Ask the question.
Keep Asking until you get to an emotional level.
Drill down to the core of your motivation.
Why? Because this brings
A sense of purpose will guide your business plan, your short term goals, and even your daily schedule. If you are constantly aware of your underlying motivations and life goals, they will inform many of your difficult decisions with guidance.
Motivational Thoughts for the day
- “Never Give Up, Never Surrender”. -Jason Nesbitt, Captain, Galaxy Quest.
Comment Line calls and Questions
Call 404-369-1018, press 1 and leave your message!
Questions@flippingamericaradio.com Tell us where you’re from!
- Carl, Oconomowoc, WI, “Do you still use other people’s money in your own flips? If so, why? Wouldn’t it be better to just use your own cash at this point?”
- Cindy, Westchester, PA, “I heard you talking about the advantage of leverage in real estate deals. How do you reconcile this with Dave Ramsay’s teaching that we should never borrow money – ever – especially for real estate investments?”
- Chastity, Birmingham, AL “How do you calculate the cost of a hard money loan?”
- Scott, Lancaster, PA “Have you ever been in a multiple bid situation when buying? Is this a time to break the 70% rule?”
- Joe, Fredericksburg, VA “My wife and I are a bit at odds with a rehab we are doing and wonder if you could help. We agree with the idea of a ‘wow’ factor in the house, but she has ideas for the kitchen, the master bathroom, and the deck in the back yard. My argument is this is basically a first-time home buyers house and we should focus on just one of these. We want to make it great but we also want to make as much money as we can. We both would appreciate your thoughts.